- I read this post by Beth Moore. "He knows it's scary to be us." Jesus truly does, because He chose to be one of us.
- And then, I read this post from oh amanda. "In a letter to the Philippians, Paul writes that Jesus humbled himself and became OBEDIENT to death on a cross. Jesus LET himself die. He wasn’t forced into it. Many men died on the cross, but Jesus CHOSE to die on the cross." Did you get that? He also chose to die...for us...on the cross.
- Please, Please go read both posts in their entirety. Then click the link at the bottom of amanda's post to hear Andy Stanley's version of the story.
- Or, go here to download it from iTunes.
- Jesus Christ chose to live as one of us. He humbled himself. He chose to die for us. He became obedient unto death, even death on the cross. He chose the wounds, the scars. And By His Wounds We Are Healed:
- But the message of Easter, dear ones, is this: It's [Good] Friday, but [Easter] Sunday is Coming!